A report moderated by J Thompson and HM Anthony
Free download here.
Both the amount of waste and its potential toxicity are increasing. Available landfill sites are being used up, and incineration is being seen increasingly as a solution to the waste problem. This report examines the literature concerning the health effects of incinerators.
You can read the original report in full here.
Surrey County Council Surrey County Council have published an evaluation of the report by Enviros Consulting Ltd. You can read it here.
You can read the BSEM’s response to this evaluation here.
Enviros published an updated version of this evaluation. You can read it here.
You can read the BSEM’s response to this updated evaluation here.
The Health Protection Agency have published comments about the report. You can read them here.
You can read the BSEM’s response to The Health Protection Agency’s comments here.
2. Emissions from incinerators and other combustion sources
3. Health effects of pollutants
4. Increased morbidity and mortality near incinerators
5. Disease incidence and pollution
6. High-risk groups
7. Past mistakes and the precautionary principle
8. Alternative waste technologies
9. Other considerations of importance
10. Cement kilns
12. Risk assessment
13. Public rights and international treaties
SAVE THE DATES - for the next 2 Modules Immunology: 02.11.2018 Neurology: 10.05.2019 More
Update of the Health Effects of Waste Incinerators 2018 by Dr Jerry Thompson BSEM More
The members area is still under construction. To receive updates and information on the development of the website, please subscribe to our regular newsletter here!